Server & Desktop Virtualization Solutions
How duplicating your workstations and servers in a virtual environment, or moving entirely virtual, can help you save money, improve workflow, and increase business continuity capacity.
What is Systems Virtualization and Why Do Business Leaders Choose the Virtualization Option?
Virtualization is the process of duplicating any element of your IT environment – laptops, desktops, servers in a “virtual” environment. This virtual environment can either be a server within your facility or a data center located hundreds of miles away. The location doesn’t matter as much as does the benefits that virtualization provides for your company.
Small to mid-size businesses often don’t have much of an IT budget to work with. It’s a real challenge to maintain a reliable and secure network with such a budget. Sensible Systems allows you to get the most out of a slim IT budget by utilizing the cost-cutting and production-boosting benefits of either using virtualization within your mobile workflow strategy by duplicating your systems in a virtual environment or moving entirely to a virtual solution for your entire workflow.
- Scalability: It’s nearly impossible to figure out a cost-effective plan for growth with on-site equipment. Every time you see substantial growth, you’ll have to invest in expensive new hardware. If business slows down, you’ll be stuck with a bunch of fancy equipment you don’t even need. By remotely accessing a limitless pool of server space in the cloud, you can scale up your service without having to invest in additional equipment, and you can scale down as needed.
- Cut Maintenance and Electricity Costs: With new servers, there’s more to consider than just the large initial purchase investment. There’s also the ongoing electricity and maintenance costs that you’ll be on the hook for. Cloud computing allows you to take advantage of additional equipment without being responsible for supporting that equipment.
- Mobilize Your Workforce: There’s no reason to keep your employees cooped up in an office. Virtualizing your systems and migrating essential folders/files to the cloud allows your employees to access business data remotely from their laptops or smartphone. It will be easy for your team members to share files and collaborate on projects from home, a hotel, a café, or anywhere else they can find an Internet connection.
What Are Colorado Businesses Moving Into Virtual Environments and Why?
- Databases – because of the physical security, compliance, and cybersecurity afforded by a datacenter
- Applications and Workflow – to take advantage of mobility and flexibility.
- Servers – to get rid of up-front investment, security, and maintenance costs while improving business continuity
- Workstations – to provide anytime/anywhere access to an individual’s operating system, applications, and personalized settings